Sunday, June 23, 2013

Plan For Tomorrow

Nate called me at 3:45pm this afternoon (8:45pm Liberian time) and it was SO good to hear his voice!  He reported that he was pretty sick of airplanes, hadn't slept much during the trip and was looking forward to a good night sleep.  But he was excited to be there and was very pleased with the guesthouse he will be staying at!  It's right on the beach and there are huge, loud waves crashing against the shore. Beautiful!

The flights all went off without a hitch once he left Minneapolis.  He arrived at the Liberian airport and described it as a "little sketchy", but had no problem finding many people to help him with his bags.  Apparently an argument broke out amoung some gentlemen about who got to take care of Nate's bags and Nate ended up paying a total of $20 to various men to try to please everyone.  Oh well, they obviously need the money more then he does! 

The ride from the airport to the guesthouse was about an hour and uneventful.  Nate said the drive was pretty much what he expected.  Lots of houses with thatched roofs and many little children playing along the road.

The plan tomorrow is for Rebecca (who will be the person driving Nate) to pick up Nate and bring him to the bank, where he needs to make his payment for James' visa.  Then they will go to the US Embassy and will schedule an appointment to come back later in the week to get the visa.  This process appears to be easier said then done, so prayers needed please!!

After visiting the Embassy and getting the business end of things out of the way, they will go to JFK hospital and meet James!!!!!!!  Oh joy!!!!!!  Nate will take him back to the guesthouse and they will get to know each other a bit and then Nate will take him back to the hospital for the night.  I told Nate to tell James that his mommy loves him and will meet him soon!!!  I soooo wish I was with Nate right now, but I know it was the best decision for me to stay home with the other kids.  It's probably a lot easier for Nate too that I am not with him :)  I have had the tendency to get a little uptight and anxious during this process, so probably best that he doesn't have to deal with me!!  It's just so hard to not be there!!!

I will update tomorrow after I hear a report from Nate.  I know I will be waiting with GREAT anticipation to hear EVERYTHING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment