Wednesday, June 19, 2013

3 Days

We are coming down to it.  Nate leaves on Saturday.  3 DAYS FROM NOW!  We bounce between, excitement, anxiety, frustration and busyness.

The excitement part is obvious.  We are so excited to meet James.  I can't wait to see him smile and learn what makes him smile.  I can't wait to hear his voice and his laugh.  I can't wait to feel what its like to hold him in my arms.  I can't wait to start watching him grow bigger and stronger.  I can't wait to see what God has planned for his life.

The anxiety part is a little more complicated.  There are still so many unknowns.  What really is the extent of his medical condition?  Will he like us? What if our paperwork isn't all in order?  What if we forgot to do something?  What if there are unexpected fees or procedures that we missed? What if Nate get's sick while he is there?  Or hurt or lost?  These are few of the thoughts that have been racing through my mind and when I am not prepared they will sometimes paralyze me with fear.  I don't want to be anxious.  I want to have faith and peace and just KNOW that it will all work out.  But I'm just not there yet.  Pray for me :)

The frustration is solely due to communication, or lack there of.  The fact of the matter is, its different trying to communicate with someone on the other side of the world.  I can't just pick up the phone or write an email and get my questions answered.  Sometimes phones are disconnected or the reception is poor.  Sometimes they don't have internet or electricity on the Liberian side of things so that delays thing.  It's just so frustrating to not know everything I need to know when I want to know it.  But it has taught me patience and how to give up control and that's a good thing.

And busyness... so much busyness.  We live in a busy world, so this is nothing new, but I seem to have reached a whole new level of busyness.  So much to pack and buy and do.  But this is just a short season of and it will be completely and totally worth it!!!!

So, if all goes as planned, Nate will be leaving Minnesota at 3:22pm on Saturday.  I am not sure how much communication I will have with him while he is gone, but I will update as I hear from him!!

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers and support.

Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment