Tuesday, May 7, 2013

So far, so good!

I didn't hear much about what happened at court today, but I did hear that it went well!  Apparently, our paperwork will now sit in the courts for a few days and be processed.  Hopefully all of our documentation will be complete and correct.  It is my understanding that after it is processed, we will then be legal guardians of Samuel according to the Liberian courts.

Then we have to get things processed with U.S. immigration so they will allow us to bring him into the country.  We filled out some paperwork today pertaining to that and emailed it to Liberia.  That paperwork will be filed at the U.S. Embassy in Liberia where we will hopefully be able to obtain a visa for Samuel.

Once all of this is completed then Nate can buy his plane ticket!!

I want to say a huge thank you to one of Nate's co workers!  You know who you are! I was feeling very discouraged and overwhelmed by this process today and your gift really made a huge difference in my mood!  God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment