Monday, September 9, 2013

Oh Heaven Help Us

I can't articulate this well, but just need to lay out the facts so you know.

I received a call from the orphanage director.  James passed away today.  We knew that he had been vomiting the past couple of days, but it had been thought that it was a certain flavor of Ensure they had been giving him.

It turns out it must have been something different.  He was brought into the hospital, but there really wasn't much they can do and we don't know for sure what happened.  I wasn't in a great state of mind when I heard the details.  I will be talking to orphanage staff again when I am in a better place to process things and will hopefully know more then.

Reality is, that this is what happens in third world countries.  FOR REAL, THOUSANDS OF CHILDREN DIE EVERYDAY FROM THINGS THAT WE CAN FIX WITH A SIMPLE TRIP TO A CLINIC OR URGENT CARE.  It's just not fair and it totally stinks.

Nate and I are so thankful that he got to spend time with James in Liberia.  You would think that would make it harder since Nate bonded with him, but somehow it makes it MUCH easier.

I almost wish I hadn't started this blog so that people wouldn't be following our story and wouldn't have to feel this sadness.  Thanks for loving us.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, Christina. This is soooo sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me, but I am praying for your family. I am so, so, sorry for your loss. This is far too common a story. Come quickly, Lord. On Earth as it is in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete